Today I have an easy instant pot recipe for you that’s a great, home-cooked, filling meal. Pot roasts generally take forever to cook, but in the instant pot, it’s only 50 minutes after coming to pressure. There’s not many ingredients, and the food goes a long way. It can be served in different ways.
- Chuck roast
- 2-3lb russet potatoes, cubed
- Small bag baby carrots
- 4C beef broth
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1tsp garlic paste (or powder)
- Salt & pepper
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- Season both sides of the roast with salt and pepper
- Turn on your sauté mode on the instant pot and add oil until it’s hot.
- Sear your meat on both sides in the pot – about 3-5 minutes each side.
- Remove meat from the pot and turn off the sauté mode.
- Add beef broth to the pot, with the onion powder and garlic. Stir in.
- Add the roast back into the pot, and top with cubes potatoes and baby carrots.
- Close the lid on the pot, set to sealing, and set the pot to either manual 50 minutes or meat/stew 50 minutes.
- After the pot beeps, turn it off and let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes and then quick release the rest.