As you may know, I work the weekend package and a co-worker and I have been having sweet Sundays and take turns bringing in delicious deserts to try out. This past week I have come across an amazing bundt cake recipe that I absolutely adore! I made this cake for our 4th of July picnic and everyone loved it! I didn’t even get to take any home!
- 1 lemon flavor box cake mix (I like Pillsbury)
- 1 3.9 oz lemon pudding mix (I use the cook serve but instant works too)
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 C sugar
- 3/4 C oil
- 3/4 C water (for the lemon cake, I use lemon juice instead for extra flavor)
- 4 eggs
- 1 8oz tub sour cream
- for the glaze: lemon juice and powdered sugar. mix a little of each until you have the consistency of melted chocolate
- In no particular order, add all ingredients to large mixing bowl and stir together
- bake at 350 for about 45-50 minutes.
- check with a knife for done-ness
- drizzle with topping
The best part about this recipe is that you can switch out the cake and pudding flavors and have a totally different cake! It always turns out super moist!
Other flavors I’ve tried:
- devils food cake, chocolate pudding and chocolate chips for a triple chocolate cake
- strawberry cake and pudding mix
- spice cake mix and butterscotch pudding and chips
On these cakes, I topped them with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or melted chips.